Website builders will make all the hard work very easy. Hence the best way to quickly develop your website is by taking the right steps in the beginning. It’s not always the way most people go. Therefore, BestCloudTools explains how website builders can help to achieve people’s goals much faster.
It’s far more comfortable and cost-effective to build your site with correct tools, so you don’t mess it up. There’s usually a lot of work that goes into developing a working, profitable website. No one wants to have to go back and start all over again.
Today’s smartest options are tools called website builders that typically allow the construction of websites without manual code editing. Hence, you can build your site and become one of the many DIYers who do it already today like me to achieve their ambitious goals.
What Is A Website Builder?
A website builder is a platform or software that typically has a user-friendly interface, with plenty of drag and drop functionalities, preset styles, and website templates. Builders allow you to build a website from scratch by using prebuilt structures.
In this way, with a bit of invested time and some pointed tutorials, you can start creating your layout, style, and then integrating your brand’s elements and content. The frontend contains easy-to-learn features that allow you to build your home on the internet landscape.
Customers are typically required to sign up with the web hosting company that provides their tailor-made website builder. The range of services varies anywhere between creating basic or complex web pages, either template based or, on the more flexible platforms, totally design free.
The main advantage of a website builder is that it is quick and easy to use. Additionally, a good website builder does not require prior experience. Often, a website can be up and running on the Internet quickly. Technical support is usually provided, as are how-to video and help files. Though there are many website builders, you can easily find the right one for you with the correct theme created especially for a specific niche (dating, medical, etc.) with features needed for this niche.
Why People Use Website Builders?
Even though now there are many different website builders, new builders still appear, both free and paid. Demand creates supply as they say. I decided to investigate a bit further why so many people chose to use the builders. As a result, I came to a conclusion summarized in the following list.
- It is a perfect solution – you will get a single technical support service that includes a domain, web hosting, and a website itself in one package. It is rather convenient to have all the settings in one place. If you have any questions, you can always solve them using a single technical support service.
- It has comprehensive features – website builders help create wide-functional websites like blogs, photo galleries, link your website to any social network, upload video, audio clips, etc. Surprisingly many of those features come for free. The others can be included as paid extensions or are already included in a premium plan.
- You’ll get a responsive website – today, up to half of the website visitors using smartphones and tablets for surfing. In the future, this number will become higher. So, it’s essential to make your site available on all devices, including PC, notebook, or smartphone. Roughly 80% of all website builders allow us to build responsive websites.
- It is really simple – you don’t need to be a graphic design guru, web development professional, or even understand HTML to use a website builder. One facet of website builders is their template catalog. These templates come integrated with color theory, crisp designs, and functional processes. They do the work so that you don’t have to. The editing program settings are quite simple so that even a novice user can easily understand how to work with it. Everything is simple and practical at the same time.
- It saves your time – using website builders allows you to create a website in minutes, and you can always adjust it based on your requirements. Most of the time is spent on selecting a suitable template since many website builders have a vast collection of colorful web templates. Then you edit website design based on your preferences. Usually, it takes from 5 minutes to 1 hour. Compare this time of writing a technical specification for a web design agency or explaining the details to a freelancer. The benefits of using a website builder are apparent.
- It saves your money – many website builders are free of charge, or they offer additional options for your website at a small monthly fee. Often it does not exceed the monthly cost for the shared hosting plan that is needed unless you decide to use website builders. It is also vital that using website builders does not require you to pay large amounts of money to website development companies or freelance services. Instead, you pay a small monthly fee without risking to lose a significant amount of money.
- The ability to express yourself – a bit of your imagination and a good “taste” will make your website genuinely memorable. By creating your website, you put in a piece of yourself. You are the creator, and that brings great personal satisfaction.
In the end, a small business needs a functional, good-looking website that is easy to navigate. Any web developer will tell you that a website builder can do this very quickly. And they are right, indeed. A website builder can create a good-looking, viable, and functional site in a matter of hours.
Now that you have a general understanding of why people utilize website builders. So, when you start your journey, you should know what features and characteristics should you be looking for.
What Makes a Website Builder Good?
It is a subjective decision in which website builder is right and often based on the user’s needs and experience. What one web developer may consider as “good” can differ from the opinion of another. However, there are some general characteristics shared by website builders that are generally used when measuring the quality. You’ll find the most crucial key points below:
- User-friendliness – the entire point of utilizing a website builder is for its ease of use. The novice can learn how to navigate the platform. The professional can utilize its extensive offering of features and functionalities. It allows the user to drag and drop nearly every element, including text, video, pictures, logo, and more. You won’t need to download or install any 3rd party software. Though you can extend the functionality according to your specific requirements.
- Templates & customization – website builders allow you to customize a large selection of templates. So, your website will look fabulous to your visitors when you have chosen a suitable template. Meaning you have a fully customizable design stack; this includes fonts, colors, layering, and graphic design. It should be evident that the images on your website need to be engaged to the eye. Having a feature-rich image editor is the perfect way to simplify the process. It’s more likely that your audience will view your website with a smartphone. Hence the website builder you choose must provide mobile responsiveness.
- Analytics and SEO tools – one of the most crucial aspects of a company’s growth is keeping track of their performance on the web. Analytical tools give the insights of every interaction a potential customer has with users’ websites. Additionally, SEO tools assist with visibility on search engines. Today it’s not that crucial that website builders have all those tools in place. Still, they should have the minimal integration with corresponding external tools or services. Alternatively, users can use e.g., Google Tag Manager, Google Keyword Planner, SEO Analysis Tool by Neil Patel, and many more based on personal preference.
The overview below is a short glance at the features that a good website builder should have. There are many more aspects and features to list out, but this is not the right place for this article.
How Do I Get Started?
Fortunately, I have made the hard work for you. So, you don’t have to spend your valuable time comparing bits and bytes of different website builders. You can take a quick look at my Comparison of Website Builders to get some insights into which website builder I have qualified as the best one available on the market. To get started, please follow the instructions below.
Setup Wix Website Builder
Design and build high-quality websites. Whether you are promoting your business, showcasing your work, opening your store, or starting a blog – you can do it all with the Wix site builder.
Congratulations, and I hope you have finished your website creation with one of the website builders listed above. When you still have any concerns or would like to share the testimonial after a successful website setup, please send me an e-mail. I am grateful.
All the Best and Good Luck on Your Journey!