Disclosure: When you purchase a service or a product through our links, we may earn a commission. Read more...Last updated: by
WixStores Review- e-Commerce Builder
WixStores is an easy-to-go e-commerce platform from the highly rated website builder named Wix, that helps you to start your very first online store without any complications because of its user-friendly approach.
Unlike WordPress, WixStores drag-and-drop website builder and many well-integrated e-commerce features make it smooth even for very beginners whose only insight on coding comes Silicon Valley. You won’t need to worry about code. Plus, it has an awesome app market that enables you to customize your store almost without limitations. Keep it legal guys.
One of WixStores greatest advantages is the number of templates. There are hundreds of fully customizable designs to give your shop exactly the look and touch you’re looking for. With so many different themes it’s almost 125% sure that even the most distinguished and nitpicking users will eventually find the perfect match.
There’s a downside to WixStores themes though: you can’t switch from one to another. You can choose a new theme for free, but you’d have to customize all over again. So if you are one of those free spirited, hippie guys or girls who likes to swap templates from time to time, I recommend you to pick one of the others e-commerce platforms available in the market.
Opposite to many e-commerce platforms, WixStores pricing is very favourable as it has a free plan that offers you as much as you’ll ever need to build your store from scratch up to damn perfection. But once you start selling your product/service and getting that money (felt like a rapper writing that), you have to upgrade to WixStores eCommerce plan that costs 17 USD/month, which is not much compared to sites like Shopify for instance.
This is what you get from WixStores with the 17 USD/month eCommerce plan:
- All features described above
- Free custom domain name
- Free hosting included in price
- Multiple payment options including PayPal
- Built-in SEO tools
- Free Site Booster and Google Analytics
- 24/7 premium support (phone, email, forum, tutorials etc)
- 14 days money back guarantee
- Back massages
- The last one was false, but if you’re spending much time on your computer you should get those.
The Good, The Bd and The Uglt Stuff To Keep In Mind
THE GOOD STUFF (PROS):
+ More than 500 awesome templates fully customizable to every possible business lines (legal, please!).
+ WixStores mobile editor, which automatically adjusts your store to mobile and tablet screens as excellent mobile front. This is a must today because of the high usage of smartphones and tablets to shop online. I mean, who walks to a store any more? Seriously, what is walking?
+ WixStores App is the central strength of the platform and comes free with all the templates. It helps users to manage their stores in real time and provides on-time notification to mobile devices.
+ With a phone-line open Mon-Thu, videos, tutorials, and much more, the Wix Help Centre is quite excellent. If you upgrade to an e-Commerce plan, then you’ll gain access to support forum help available 24/7 in 9 different languages. English is one of them, so if you’re reading this, then you already can communicate there. Awesome!
+ WixStores pricing is a blast as the Free plan is like a superhero’s deodorant: it never expires. You really have time to build up your store before going live. You have unlimited time to test the site and get familiar with the platform. No pressure. Just keep in mind that with the free plan it’s not possible to generate actual sales and receive payments, it only works to set up your store. After that, you should upgrade to the e-Commerce plan and get those big bucks.
+ WixStores pricing plan charges no transactions fees whatsoever, no site set-up fee either. All profit, every dime you get is yours, which proves WixStore in that point is better than Spotify.
+ Fully customize your payment options, shipping methods (you can consider dropshipping, too) and taxes. Please, don’t evade your taxes.
The Bad Stuff (Cons):
- Free plan comes with visible, irritating ads. Well, all pop-up ads are irritating.
- Your site will be subdomain to wix.com.
- WixStores is perfect for beginners and midsize online store, but for a big business with a global plan, perhaps approaching to Shopify would be a wiser choice in the long run. The good news, though, is that you can integrate Shopify to your WixStores site, so there’s no need to start all over once you feel you’ve outgrown WixStores.
- No abandoned shopping-cart recovery reporting.
- No 24/7 phone Help Desk. WixStores is probably telling you to get some more sleep.
The Ugly Stuff:
As an Unquestionable, Absolute, Holy Conclusion – When To Go For WixStores?
- Go for WixStores if you are looking for a simple, user-friendly e-commerce platform with outstanding drag-and-drop function.
- Go for WixStores if you are looking for an e-commerce platform with accessible pricing in order to keep your costs moderate.
- Go for WixStores if you have a small or midsize online store in mind.
- Go for WixStores if you think that you really don’t need 24/7 telephone support nor live chat.
Taking the last one into consideration, don’t go for WixStore if you are lonely :).
Best of luck with your online business!