If you have never created a site, Weebly is a perfect choice for you, as it offers all the basic tools you need to build a functional website.
One of Weebly’s greatest strengths, when compared to other website builders, is that you can download your entire website as a ZIP archive file. Then you can import it to another host or website builder, hand it to your web designer for improvement or simply donate it to charity, which is a bit weird, but I guess every small gesture counts.
Weebly’s flexible pricing options, simple editor, and optimized mobile sites attract a lot of people. The fact that Weebly sounds like the name of a fun bubble helps too.
Some Important Pros and Cons to Keep In Mind about Weebly, because Honesty Helps Me Sleep at Night.
Pros about Weebly:
+ User-friendly. Weebly’s dashboard provides quick and easy access to the most relevant information with helpful tips, site stats, store order, blog comments and more.
+ “Box model”. Your content will fall into specific containers or boxes when you drag it to the site. This approach helps you to transfer existing content from one template to another.
+ Building your website with Weebly is as simple as dragging and dropping elements onto a page. Your site is single and ready to mingle. It’s so simple that even Shaq can’t miss it.
+ Weebly allows you to use HTML or CSS if you are handy with code. If you are demanding with your design, Its built-in code editor lets you customize your site more extensively.
+ Weebly’s collection of templates includes a great choice of trending, mobile-responsive designs. Templates are divided more from a stylistic angle, rather than by categories like Restaurant, Hotel or My Little Pony. Bronies are thing. When creating sites, users are given six basic template groups to choose from: Business, Portfolio, Personal, Event, Blog, and Other.
+ Weebly has put together dozens of page layout designs to get you started, including types like contact pages, portfolios, landing pages, creative menu designs for catering companies and restaurants, service pages, site maps and treasure maps, if you believe in conspiracies. Layouts are a bit like cocky teenagers, so when you choose one, it will automatically add new elements to your site without asking for your permission, but don’t worry: you can edit, remove or add elements to that chosen layout. Weebly is easier than parenting.
+ Weebly’s help centre contains articles and guides to help you get possible answers to your questions and concerns. Still, you can reach the support team by live-chat, phone and/or support tickets, which are answered 24/7. So if you feel like nagging someone at 2:30am on a Saturday, by all means go ahead!
+ Even if you’re on the free plan, Weebly is such a good friend that hosts all your websites for you, so you don’t have to pay for hosting apart.
+ Security against hackers and spam. With Weebly’s business plans, they even install and maintain SSL across your entire site. Take a walk Snowden!
+ Building a website with Weebly is free! The basic plan lets you create and publish as many sites as you could possibly want and provides a great variety of tools you might need at no extra cost. On the other hand, Weebly’s Starter, Pro, Business and Performance plans cost $8, $12, $25 and $38 per month respectively, if you pay annually under the one-year-plan.
+ Weebly’s App Centre sets it apart from other website builders. Their app centre is just awesometacularly stunning! It’s so good I had to make up a word. There you’ll find about 250 different apps that let you add cool new features and functionality, increasing your site’s value for specific functions.
+ Weebly provides several e-commerce packages from the very basic to the most complete. Every single one is easy to configure and features SSL encryption. Payment methods are scarce though: only Authorize.net, Stripe and Paypal, as well as major credit cards are permitted. Sorry grandpa, no checks this time.
+ With structures that follow similar patterns of major blogging platforms like WordPress and Blogger, Weebly features a flexible and practical blog creator, with almost every common component of a Content Managing System (CMS).
+ Marketing support. Introduced not long ago in a galaxy far, far away…actually this one…Weebly Promote is a tool for advanced e-mail marketing options that has already helped millions of users who praise its efficacy. The tool automatically generates messages based on the activity of the registered users and tracks Newsletter statistics in the dashboard section.
Cons about Weebly:
– Weebly’s drag-and-drop customization options might be too limited to deliver the site of your dreams. Unless you’re an experienced enough coder to use the built-in- HTML/CSS editor, you can’t change things like column width or background design.
– Insufficient drag-and-drop customization, which implies the need to use coding skills to avail a visually stunning and striking website. With Weebly you could get a 7 for sure, but you’ll probably never get a 10.
– Weebly has plenty of built-in features, but it doesn’t have everything. Some stuff is missing. Still, the platform overcomes this by allowing 3rd Party apps (think the App Store or Shopify’s App Store).
– If you want to build the website of your lifetime and make millions, billions and trillions of dollars (don’t we all?), Weebly is definitely not the best option. When you have hundreds of pages, it is impossible to arrange them in order. Plus, your blog posts and product pages can’t be backed up, which means you could potentially lose them all, quit your site, be consumed by depression and move to the Amazon to live the wildlife, avoiding technology forever. Seems drastic, I know. Happened to a friend.
– You can only change the fonts and the general look of the webpage using Weebly’s templates, but if you want to get creative and change the colour on a particular spot, the backdrop image or the content frame size, you will have to alter the code manually. If you can write HTML or CSS codes, this is just another day in the park for you…assuming you brought your laptop to the park, obviously.
– Compared to their competitors in the market, Weebly’s blogging features are a little behind our times. It has the basics: social media linking options, dragging & dropping of highlights in each post, scheduling a post to be published at a specified time. Nevertheless, other blogging websites offer a few more attractive features, like career portfolio, notifications or free sight tests…or not, but those are necessary if you’re spending too much time on your computer.
To Sum it up – When to Go for Weebly?
- Not on Wednesdays.
- Wednesdays are actually fine.
- Go for Weebly if you’re a first-timer or a veteran in maintaining and managing your own website. Weebly will surely be a good match for you.
- Go for Weebly if you want to build a personal website, online photo gallery, event site or basic online store. Weebly will get you up and running faster than its rivals.
One of my favourite aspects of Weebly is that the platform provides you with room to learn, improve and grow. You can edit your site’s code once you feel confident enough- making it the ideal tool if you fancy learning HTML.
If you are not sure whether Weebly is the right company to satisfy your web hosting needs, you can always try their free service. It’s free!
Give Weebly a go, play with the system, and see how well it works for you. If it doesn’t, you can simply tell Weebly that you love it… but only as a friend.
Thanks for Reading and Good Luck on Your Journey! Need Some Help or Would Like to Ask Something about Current Content? Please Add a Comment 🙂