Site123 is an independently-owned, rapidly-growing website builder. It is based in Israel, and it is a perfect service for those who wish to create their own website from scratch and make it just the way they always wanted their website to look like.
So, if you are a DIYer and you would like to create your website on your own, but you do not have much experience with website builders, Site123 might be a perfect solution for you. Read this review by BestCloudTools to be fully convinced.
What is Site123 about?
When it comes to website building solutions, there are plenty of different options to choose from. However, Site123 stands out due to the fact that it is all-inclusive, and that it has pretty much everything you could ever need to make a professional and beautiful-looking website and help it grow further.
Most other website builders would require you to purchase, install, and manage different pieces separately. Site123 doesn’t do that. Instead, it incorporates all of these different pieces and gives you an easy way to use various features and functionalities, thus making the process much simpler and even enjoyable.
In fact, as far as user-friendliness and ease of use are concerned, Site123 is capable of matching even the biggest names in the industry, including WordPress, Wix, Weebly, Squarespace, Gator Website Builder, and others.
Now, let’s take a look at some of the things that Site123 has to offer, such as:
The Ease of Use
The first thing to note about Site123 is its incredible ease of use. To say that using this website builder is not complicated is an understatement. All that anyone needs to do is choose an element — such as a text section with a picture — and they can immediately start editing it.
There is even a preview mode to see how the new section fits into the website. Not only that, but you can check for every version of the site, including for desktops, tablets, and smartphones.
Next, Site123 also features plenty of templates with rather responsive designs, which look pretty good on their own. Unfortunately, they do not offer too much creative freedom, as each section comes with a predefined structure. What this means is that you cannot move videos, photos, or headlines with complete freedom.
However, designs are rather responsive, so you can still find a way for things to fit together in an acceptable way.
Another thing to note is that the free plan will come with advertisements, but you can easily eliminate them by purchasing a Professional plan, or some of the higher ones.
While we are on the topic of plans and prices, Site123 has four different premium packages, as well as one that is completely free, making it five plans in total.
- Free plan, for $0 per month
- Basic plan, for $10.80 per month (annual subscription)
- Advanced plan, for $16.80 per month (annual subscription)
- Professional plan, for $22.80 per month (annual subscription)
- Gold plan, for $28.80 per month (annual subscription)
However, if you wish to connect a custom domain, even for a free plan, you will still be charged $10.80 per month (annual plan, paid up-front).
This is a very important aspect if you plan to make an international web store or some other type of website that will be accessible to a great number of people around the world.
In that regard, Site123 performs rather well, as it allows you to easily add up to 5 languages. The biggest downside of this is that you have to have a premium plan in order to do this. But, once you obtain this plan, all it takes is to select a language you want to add from a menu, and the system will start creating translations automatically.
Of course, you can still add manual edits if you spot a flaw or if you wish something to be translated in a specific way.
As for Site123, it is available in multiple languages, itself. In fact, it supports more than 20 languages.
Site123 Biggest Features
Now, let’s take a look at the actual features and functionalities that Site123 has to offer. There are quite a few of them, including things like:
- Your own domain — Site123 allows you to obtain a free domain with your paid plan, which will remain free for the entirety of the first year.
- Up to 10 email accounts — also available for free if you select a premium plan.
- Depth of navigation — Site123 allows you to choose whether the links within the menu should scroll down the page or open in a new page. While this is a good option to have, the fact is that you can still only add a single level, which is not suitable for complex websites.
- Widgets — Site123 also lets you add additional features to your site in the form of widgets.
- Advertisement — Site123 doesn’t allow you to insert external source code. As a result, you won’t be able to secure monetization by adding banner code. However, you can still post affiliate links as part of your texts.
- e-Commerce — Site123’s premium plans also contain an online store. This is great for those who wish to start a small online store and sell their goods, be they digital or physical. Depending on the plan you choose, you can add multiple payment options, and benefit from zero sales fee.
- Blog — Most websites can benefit from having at least a basic blog, and Site123 offers just that. This is likely a poor option for professional bloggers who wish to establish a dynamic connection with their community, but it will do rather well for announcements and updates. It does lack a comment feature, however.
- Visitor stats — another thing to note is that you will get a visitor statistics tool, that will help you keep track of traffic and show you what content is the most popular with the visitors to your website.
- SEO — Site123 offers some basic SEO-related features, such as SEO Advisor, which will help add a good SEO title and description and scan your site for things that could be improved.
- Newsletter — you can also offer a subscription to your newsletter, which will help maintain the relationship with your audience, keep them posted in regard to various developments, and remind them of your website from time to time.
Site123 website builder offers all of this and more, such as over 270GB of storage (for premium plans), rather good support available via email, chat, or a simple FAQ, and even password protection for areas with personal logins, so that you can improve the safety of your users.
All in all, it is a rather good offering. Although, it does appear that the free version of Site123 is somewhat limited since you need a premium one for most useful features.
PROs and CONs to Keep in Mind
With all that said, let’s summarize all the positives and negatives of Site123. Also, let’s try to conclude whether or not you should go for this website builder, as opposed to others.
- It offers support for multiple languages
- Site123 is extremely easy to use, even for those with no experience
- It has a free plan, albeit somewhat limited
- Excellent customer support available via email or live chat
- Mobile and tablet-responsive templates
- You cannot change templates after the site is live
- Some features lack real quality and depth
- Not too much flexibility and creative freedom
To Sum It up – When to Go for Site123
In the end, Site123 is a pretty good website builder that can easily be considered one of the top ones in the industry, provided that you are willing to pay for a premium plan. The premium plan brings a lot of useful features that will make running the site smooth and enjoyable.
However, whether you wish to go for a free or premium plan, the fact is that this is one of the user-friendliest website builders in the industry.
Thanks for Reading and Good Luck on Your Journey! Need Some Help or Would Like to Ask Something about Current Content? Please Add a Comment 🙂