An e-commerce store is a unique type of website designed especially for online business, whether you are selling phone accessories, flame lamps, or La La Land posters. A proper e-commerce platform is able to sell goods online and process sensitive data with the highest level of security. It’s almost impossible to use a standard website building platform to set up your online shop. To build your online shop, BestCloudTools recommends Shopify website builder!
What is Shopify about?
Shopify is the specific e-commerce platform that works as the very best solution to set up your site. Even if you are the Jon Snow of technology and know nothing about setting up a website, Shopify is the perfect e-commerce tool for you since it’s meant to work for everyone. You’ll be able to start your online store from scratch faster than a kid running for an ice cream truck.
In order to use this tool, all you need to do is sign up for an account on shopify.com. After that, you’ll get through a quick and effective setup, and your e-commerce store is up and running.
Shopify helps you handle issues like inventory, taxes, shipping settings, and several payment methods. Of course, Shopify knows how important and sensitive all data this data is, so it’s secured in a proper way.
Within Shopify, you can sell almost everything, it doesn’t matter whether you sell homemade coffee, an e-book, tangible products, services and e-services, downloads, and so on. Quantity is no issue either since you can sell one copy of your product or thousands, Shopify helps you all the same.
Shopify has to be proud of its social media and e-commerce integration. I’m sure they think a lot about us – the sellers, but also about customers and their needs. That’s why Shopify allows you to sell directly from your Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest pages, making it easier than ever before for your customers to purchase from you. It’s clear that Shopify is also quite aware of the importance of digital marketing because it provides the best support for effective SEO practices like title tags, meta descriptions, and adding sitemaps.
PROs and CONs to Keep in Mind
As you have seen, there is quite a bit to Shopify, and we have only scratched the surface by listing what it offers. It is up to you to find creative ways to combine all of its features and create amazing websites.
Therefore, Shopify itself is more than worthy of getting and using, and if you need further convincing, take a look at its pros and cons:
- A great variety of beautiful and professional themes that work perfectly for your mobile. The Theme Store, designed by qualified, coffee-addicted designers, includes free and paid themes to match different industries such as jewelry, fashion, art, furniture, beauty, sport, movies, and many more. Every theme in Shopify is optimized for desktop, mobile, tablets, or any other technology that comes out of Silicon Valley.
- The App Store where you can choose from over 2000 different Apps (free and paid) that could be a great help with accounting, customer service, inventory management, marketing, reporting, shipping, social media, and fulfillment.
- A transparent fee structure. There are no hidden fees, a recurrent headache with some e-commerce platform providers. The entry-level plan starts on $29/mo and if you ever need more functionality, you can upgrade your plan any time you want.
- True 24/7 customer support with e-mail, users forum, live-chat, and 5 international phone-numbers.
- Abandoned check-out recovery system to track potential customers who did not complete their purchase orders.
- A 14-days trial period that can be canceled for free at any time. Though at the time of updating this review, Shopify offers 3 months of a free trial.
- Shopify charges customers a 0.5% – 2,9% credit card transaction fee unless you are using an integrated Shopify payments system, which I highly recommend.
- Shopify charges a monthly fee for use of several paid apps, and that’s a bit of a bummer.
- Shopify is very uniquely coded, so if you are interested in customizing your store, according to your wish, you should hire a specialist familiar with this specific type of coding and that’s a bigger bummer because, well, it might cost a lot of extra money.
To Sum Things Up – When to Go for Shopify?
If you want to start up a proper, good-looking and effective e-commerce store really fast, then Shopify is the best place to go. In case, you are not familiar with website building and want to set up your online store without any struggle trying to figure out coding, then Shopify is the best place to go. If you want multi-channel customer support 24 hours, then Shopify is the best place to go. To be sure that your sensitive data is well kept and secured and not on Facebook, then Shopify is absolutely the best place to go. If you want to have a nice vacation, try Greece. You can access Shopify all over the world.
Is Shopify the best e-commerce builder on the market? It’s very hard to say being objective at the same time. Therefore, it’s one of the best e-Commerce builders, and I can guarantee that it will satisfy 99,9% of your business needs when setting up correctly. You are welcome to take a look at my Shopify Setup Guide to get going faster.
Best of luck on your e-commerce!
No, you don’t need to be a designer or developer to use this e-Commerce builder. You can use themes and drag-and-drop editor to customize the look and feel of your shop. Use apps to add new features and functionality to your online store.