Disclosure: When you purchase a service or a product through our links, we may earn a commission. Read more...
Shopify Review - e-Commerce Builder
An e-commerce store is a unique type of website designed specially for online business, whether you are selling phone accessories, flame lamps or La La Land posters. A proper e-commerce platform is able to sell goods online and process sensitive data with the highest level of security. It’s almost impossible to use a standard website building platform to set up your online shop. To build your online shop…you need Shopify!
What is Shopify? Oh my God, I’m so glad you asked.
Shopify is the specific e-commerce platform that works as the very best solution to set up your site. Even if you are the Jon Snow of technology and know nothing about setting up a website, Shopify is the perfect e-commerce tool for you since it’s meant to work for literally everyone. Even granddads. You’ll be able to start your online store from scratch faster than a kid running for an ice cream truck.
But how do I start on Shopify? I’m very happy that you asked again.
In order to use this tool, all you need to do is sign up for an account on shopify.com. After that, you’ll get through a quick and effective setup and voilá, your e-commerce store is up and running single and ready to mingle.
Then Shopify helps you handle issues like inventory, taxes, shipping settings, and several payment methods. Of course, Shopify knows how important and sensitive all data this data is, so it’s secured it in a proper way.
Within Shopify you can sell almost everything, whether you sell homemade coffee, an e-book or a cow. Ok, maybe not a cow because it would be really, really weird. But seriously, almost everything: tangible products, services and e-services, downloads, and so on. Quantity is no issue either, since you can sell one copy of your product or thousands, Shopify helps you all the same.
Shopify has to be proud of their Social Media and E-commerce integration. I’m sure they think a lot about us - the sellers, but also about customers and their needs. That’s why Shopify allows you to sell directly from your Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest pages, making it easier than ever before for your customers to purchase from you. It’s clear that Shopify is also quite aware of the importance of digital marketing because it provides the best support for effective SEO practices like title tags, meta descriptions and adding sitemaps.
SOME PROS AND (SLIGHTLY) CONS TO KEEP IN MIND BECAUSE
HONESTY IS KEY.
+ A great variety of beautiful and professional themes that work perfectly for your mobile. The Theme Store, designed by qualified, coffee-addicted designers, include free and paid themes to match different industries such as jewelry, fashion, art, furniture, beauty, sport, movies, and many more. Every theme in Shopify is optimized for desktop, mobile, tablets or any other technology that comes out of Silicon Valley.
+ The App Store where you can choose from over 2000 different Apps (free and paid) that could be a great help with accounting, customer service, inventory management, marketing, reporting, shipping, social media, fulfillment or cooking, because you never know when you might get hungry while working on your site.
+ A transparent fee structure. There are no hidden fees, a recurrent headache with some e-commerce platform providers. The entry-level plan starts on 29 USD/month and if you ever need more functionality, you can upgrade your plan any time you want.
+ True 24/7 Customer Support with e-mail, users forum, live-chat and 5 international phone-numbers.
+ Abandoned Check-out Recovery system to track potential customers who did not complete their purchase order.
+ 14-days trial period that can be cancel for free at any time.
– Shopify charges customers a 0.5% – 2,9% credit card transaction fee unless you are using integrated Shopify Payments System, which I highly recommend.
– Shopify charges a monthly fee for use of several paid apps and that’s a bit of a bummer.
– Shopify is very uniquely coded, so if you are interested in customizing your store, according to your wish, you should hire a nerdy specialist familiar with this specific type of coding and that’s a bigger bummer because, well, it might cost a lot of extra money.
TO SUM UP - WHEN TO GO FOR SHOPIFY?
- If you want to start up a proper, good-looking and effective e-commerce store really fast, then Shopify is the best place to go.
- If you are not familiar with website building and want to set up your online store without any struggle trying to figure out coding, then Shopify is the best place to go.
- If you want multi-channel customer support 24 hours, then Shopify is the best place to go.
- If you want to be sure that your sensitive data is well kept and secured and not on Facebook, then Shopify is absolutely the best place to go.
- If you want to have a nice vacation, try Greece. You can access Shopify all over the world.
Best of luck on your e-commerce!