“Customize your site, manage shipping and payments, list your products on Amazon, eBay, and Facebook and cure world hunger with the #1 e-commerce platform”. That’s what you can read on the front page of BigCommerce website, although I might have added something extra.
BigCommerce does offer excellent e-commerce store management features, including web hosting, product management, order fulfillment, online payments, smoking-hot designs, and countless customization features. Well, you could count them, but they’re a lot. Plus, there’s a 15 days long free trial available that I’d recommend you to use to find out whether BigCommerce is your sweetheart or not.
As an e-commerce platform, BigCommerce is designed to handle businesses with high volumes and a large number of items to be sold. It is pretty clear just from the name. If you’re starting up and would like to sell 1-10 items per month, there are probably better e-commerce solutions for your purpose. This one is called BigCommerce and not MediumSizeCommerce for a reason.
BigCommerce platform offers perfect e-commerce features in terms of handling the orders, a large number of products, customers (with a built-in CRM), marketing tools, and analytics. Everything is genuinely optimized to hold hundreds or thousands of products in the database and make sure your everyday work is as smooth as Michael Jackson’s dance moves.
Similar to other platforms, BigCommerce provides tens of different themes to start with, both free and paid options. It doesn’t matter what you’re selling, whether it’s electronics, art, or wood sunglasses (apparently these are “a thing” now among the people), be sure that there’s a 99.99% chance you’ll find a theme perfect for your business. And you know what’s an awesome bonus? Every single theme is mobile-view customized.
Though theme prices go as high as 250 USD, there are fortunately cheaper ones available that could fit your project. On the other hand, you should also consider that, like Bitcoin 10 years ago, this is a one-in-a-lifetime investment to make your e-commerce site look modern, fresh and professional, and it will pay you back sooner than you might expect.
With access to PayPal, Stripe, and Authorize.net, it’s no surprise that BigCommerce is considered to have one of the best-handled payment solutions in the e-commerce market. Additionally, BigCommerce has built-in PayPal One Touch solution, which allows instant check-out to more than 100 million PayPal users, proving that BigCommerce takes efficient payment integration very seriously as it should be.
The one problem with BigCommerce could come when you’re setting up your store. It’s not as easy as one would’ve thought, not too hard either, though it doesn’t require coding skills, you still might need some support with a tech-friend.
Important Pros And Cons To Keep In Mind About BigCommerce
+ BigCommerce Standard plan costs 29.95 USD/month and comes with lot of features in order to start up successfully, and it’s very accessible when compared to other platforms.
+ BigCommerce themes are fully mobile customized. Having an excellent mobile front is a must today due to the fact that if we’re not spending a huge chunk of our days on a mobile or tablet screen watching Netflix (Black Mirror season 5 is coming!), we’re online shopping.
+ BigCommerce has great a great and vast app selection, which allows you to integrate your store with platforms such as Facebook, QuickBooks, eBay, and many more.
+ BigCommerce offers a great Analytics module that acts a gossiper janitor and provides you with every important piece of information inside your business.
+ 24/7 support team of BigCommerce can be reached by phone, email and live-chat.
– Cheapest plan – 29.95 USD/month – comes with 1.5% transaction fee. If you want to avoid this, you need to choose the more expensive 79.95 USD monthly plan.
– Limited number of free themes, while prices of premium themes may go up to 250 USD (which is almost a new PS4).
– It’s hard to adjust the home page. You may need to call the Avengers for some help… or just the support-team. They work fine too.
– No abandoned shopping-cart recovery reporting unless you upgrade to Enterprise Plan, obviously named by a Star-Trek fan.
To Sum up – When to Hook up with BigCommerce?
- Hook up with BigCommerce if you are looking for an ease of use e-commerce platform with great management tools such as order management, analytics, reports, and SEO.
- Hook up with BigCommerce if you are looking for an e-commerce platform with competitive pricing.
- Hook up with BigCommerce if you are looking for e-commerce platform with 24/7 telephone support and live-chat.
- Hook up with BigCommerce if you are looking for e-commerce store to be covered from the basics to the very depth of the store’s options.
Notice that I say “hook up” and not “marry”. That’s because you should really take advantage of the 15 days free trial period and figure out if BigCommerce is the one for you.
Thanks for Reading and Good Luck on Your Journey! Need Some Help or Would Like to Ask Something about Current Content? Please Add a Comment 🙂